Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I should be cleaning, but instead...

I wanted to share some of Ainsley's progress so far. She just turned 6 weeks yesterday! She looks like she is older than that- to me at least. Since she was born, she has been able to smile occasionally, but not very easily. Now, she smiles all the time and it just melts my heart because it is so pretty! I give her a big grin and she gives one right back! And she is starting to make more sounds.
I am very blessed to have the job I have and be able to stay home with her. I am excited to have Evan home for the summer in a few weeks, but also scared. I say scared only because I will be running on much less sleep. Ainsley and me sleep until late morning each day and she naps ALL the time. Evan never slept as much as she does. I have really worked with Ainsley on getting her to put herself to sleep some and for the most part it has been working out ok. On the other hand, she is a bad snacker. She likes to snack and sleep; therefore, she is wanting to eat smaller meals more frequently.
I am already looking forward to her starting to roll and sitting on her own, but we still have a little while. She is getting pretty strong and holding her head up well.

On another note: I plan to venture to the movie theater with Evan for the first time this Sat.! I plan to take him on a mommy/son date to see Shrek: The Final Chapter. He has only been to the theater once with my Dad right after Ainsley was born. And from what I hear, he did ok. We will see!

Ainsley at 3 weeks...my how she has grown!


Freddie says this picture describes Evan's personality perfectly! And he claims that Evan was trying to do his "wolverine" hands here from X-men.

He is so grown up! I love him!

2 comments:

mirandajones803 said...

You make the most beautiful babies!!!

Catherine Hunt said...

Nanny's boy is growing up so fast...He is so precious.......