Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy 9 months!!!

Ainsley turned 9 months on the 6th! She is 3/4ths of the way through her first year, and that seems crazy to me. This post is late because I have been waiting to take her for her 9 month checkup, but she keeps getting sick. And because it has been crazy busy from the holidays and on. We had a great time during the holidays visiting with family. I have pictures of just Christmas with the kids that I will post one day, but I did not get any anywhere else. We have recently begun are hectic life of living during the week without Freddie, and getting stuff in line to move and make the transition back to LOUISIANA! I will be glad when it is all back to a normal routine. There are a few things I will really miss, like our house and jobs. Texas is definitely not a place for everyone. I love the idea of living other places, but when it comes down to it, I am NOT a person for Texas!



Back to the 9 month update- Ainsley is doing everything, but walking without assistance. She crawls, she cruises, she even stands and lets go of her support, she will take steps with a walker- it will be soon. Ainsley is more vocal using a variety of different sounds. She was switched to real food at school because they could not get her to eat baby food. She LOVES, and I mean LOVES meat, which is by far opposite of Evan at this point. She prefers meat and even pickles to sweet fruit. She is currently getting in 2 teeth, which will bring the count to 6. One of Ainsley's favorite things to do now is take a bath. She gets to take a bath like a big girl now, and when she hears the water turned on, she takes of to the tub, stands up trying to crawl in herself. It is hard to get her undressed fast enough! When I took her in for having strep and flu, she weighed in at 17lbs. 11oz. When I took her back almost 2 weeks later for ear infections, she weighed in at 17-14 and was 27 3/4 inches in length. I will be back to the Dr. with her this coming Wed. for her checkup.



One of my favorite things about her age now is how Ainsley and Evan can play more like siblings. She automatically goes to his room if he is not nearby, or if she hears his voice from that direction. And he loves the two of them going in one of their rooms toghter to play. One night, I was putting Evan in bed, and Ainsley came patting her way down the hall to his room, and I thought of how it seems so much more fun and fulfilling with two kids.



Sorry for the long post, here are a few pictures from my phone:




No comments: